Saturday, March 16, 2024

12 AM A mole gasser.

1:50 This time it was in the front and between the buildings. I went and poured some soil in some holes around the hydrant. It looks like someone called security so i went back inside before i could finish. Still have trouble breathing.

2:30 Plugged several more between the buildings. At the last one, smoke outside kinda stopped however there is enough left inside. Someone started to smoke cigarettes to cover the whole thing. By being close to those i got a very salty taste in my mouth. Saltier than salt itself. Saltpeter is used to burn stuff where there is no oxygen, like for those mole chasers or flares.

I remember now i once (out of so many times) called an ambulance in Beaverton and they asked me several things and among those was if i have a taste in my mouth and i said salty. Again potassium (Kalium).

4 AM Smoke never stopped completely, now is again at full strength. As usually, when smoke is at this level, there are no noises upstairs and nobody walks or even drives around.

4:17 Se apropie postul Paștelui. Au reapărut pozele cu Simona Halep. „Retrage-Ți Mintea Din Simțuri!”


5:00 I am pretty sure they wouldn't had smoked me if i didn't start to search (again) for this guy. Smoke cleared after 5 hours, i was trying to relax when i heard the first squeak for the night. Trouble is... I forgot what i wanted to do next. 5:05 Nevermind, smoke is back after i wrote the above.

12:00 PM Slept about 8 hours. All the holes that i plugged last night were open and some smoke was present. Went and plugged them all. Have to go to Beaverton Hyundai to get some transmission fluid. Back in October i bought 2 quarts but they gave the wrong type, after the looked at the VIN number of the car. Good thing i looked before i put it in.

4:15 What should have been a 15 minutes drive one way, with let's say half hour there, it turned into a major nightmare. Hwy 217 was closed after 99. And as this was not enough, Hall Blvd which was the first alternative, was also closed and i can't remember seeing warnings on either. Never happened to me at least in 28 years. Spent more than half hour just to move from 217 to 99 due to a stop light, then half hour more to get on Hall, than back on 99, then on Greenburg and it took me then half more hour to get back on 217. I don't know when this was scheduled but i saw heavy equipment moving on Greenburg.
At the dealership. Dealership is under construction, the sign seen from TV highway was down, however they had some improvised metal rooms in the lot. They confirmed last time they gave me the wrong fluid and gave me one quart of the right one. The manager wasn't there so i asked them if they could keep it until Monday and process the return without me having to drive there one more time. I also left them a photocopy of my card.


Came home and checked again the alignment. Toe was off again by half turn at the left tie rod. Air pressure was too high (peaked at 41) because the temperature is now 76. Aluminum wheels need to be re-torqued for summer.

BTW i spent three hours of the best day of the year in traffic under the cell towers. One more thing. This guy came over me in my lane and had to maneuver. Suddenly i feel the brakes are kinda soft. Could it be the temperature? or do i need do purge the air out. Came home with the fluid however i can't find that funnel extension i poured with last time so i ordered one on Amazon.