Monday, September 16, 2024

5:11 After driving 600 miles in two days, when i stopped i feel like the floor and the chair is moving, like the car's seat. It happened many times to me before with this car. I think it's because of the cheap non OEM struts i put on myself 3 years ago... Could not put OEM either because those they were cracked and i thought...

Could it have been because the long half shaft was 1 cm bent (i replaced those with OEM) and vibrated the h... out of them. Maybe because of some sticky valves that made the engine vibrate (had to replace the engine mounts as well, the rubber part was shot, they were touching metal on metal. Yet it ran 60 more k since and the engine is doing great (44 mpg from Portland to i forgot where i got gas, just before Canyonville).

Or maybe the stabilizer bar's bushings. Could have been shot like the motor mounts. Bought the parts on ebay but could simply not get to them. Got to take out too many parts and have the car on a stand.

Could not figure entirely what happened with my eyes... I dusted  the engine compartment many times before, especially before longer trips because i don't want to breath some of that stuff. It never happened to me to get an eye infection like Saturday. Left eye was just a bit red, but the right one...

I put a patch with antibiotics right next to it and today the infection subsided. No more pain when touching. However, when we went to get the bags and case from the car, ...it rained. In Reno. Now it feels like it wants to come back.

Could have been... When i looked real close to the dipstick, i saw a few bubbles of air in the oil and some of them burst... right in front of my eyes. Could some oil have gotten in my eye or on my eyelid and then slowly leaking into the eye.

Engine oil is mineral oil similar to food oil but it has some very harsh and corrosive additives, to keep the engine clean inside. Especially fresh oil, cause those wear out after a few thousand miles...

But the Asian woman that passed real close... What was the meaning of that? She was holding a box with both hands, i assumed it was food, did not actually look inside, now i don't know.

No i did not take a shower after dusting. Felt some irritation on my face, upper body but was too lazy. But the eye. I discovered it in the car. At Severn Feathers, the smoke inside irritated my eye even more... Finally took a shower this morning at 5, felt better, fell back asleep but then i woke with more pain.

6:00 Yes it looks a bit like a haven's gate (or Acura logo).

6:53 Nevermind it was supposed to. Just saw the meteo on local TV.

10:07 PM Slept until now. Realized i forgot my phone in the car. Last time when i lost and found my phone in Reno someone ordered some work on my car done by mobile mechanics (i think) and screwed with my breaks so the car will do a lower mpg. I discovered it only when i did the breaks.